Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Inauguration

Dear DC,

Long lines, huge crowds, confused tourists, inaugural parties....DC you have been busy.

Ok, I know that my reader(s) are just dying to know....how was the inauguration?

In short it was cold, long and AWESOME!

I don't need to talk about how historic it was and blah blah blah.....you already know that. I also don't need to talk about Michelle Obama's awesome ensemble, you saw the pictures.

What was unique about being there was how infectious the energy of the crowd felt. There was a guy with a video camera standing close to me that was interviewing people about their feelings about the inauguration and why they were there. It was cool to hear all the different stories and why they wanted to be there in person.

I was on the Capitol lawn but I couldn't actually see the people...there was a conveniently placed tree blocking any view of the President I would have hope to have.

More details and pics to come!

With love,

Julia

0 comments: