Thursday, January 15, 2009

Farewell, Hello!

Dear DC,

It is one day until I come back to you for good! I leave Utah one last time as a resident. I leave my friends, my job, my husband's family. It's hard. As much as I am NOT a Utah girl, it has become my home over the past six years.

Six years is a long time and feels forever ago. Just think, six years ago:

  • iPods were fatty little players that didn't make phone calls - useless!
  • We still thought that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.
  • SARS was spreading across Asia and justifying germaphobes everywhere.
  • Martha Stewart was under house arrest.
  • Jean Chretien resigned as Canadian Prime Minister (a nod to my home and native land!)
  • Space Shuttle Columbia crashed killing all crew members.
  • Britney Spears didn't have any stretch marks and still wore underwear.
Point is, six years has brought a lot of change and a lot of memories of which Utah has played a big part. I had my first kiss here, lived abroad with a group from Utah, met my husband and got married here, graduated from college here, got my first real job here, bought my first car here, gained and lost and gained 50+ lbs here and most importantly made a lot of fantastic friends in the journey.

Farewell Utah. You were good to me and I to you and now we part ways.

Hello dear DC. You are my new home for a new life.

With love,

Julia

1 comments:

Alison said...

dear dc,

give julia back.

with love,

alison