Saturday, January 17, 2009

Brrrrrr, It's Cold Out Here!

Dear DC,

So little did I know that YOU ARE SOOOOO COLD!! It's beyond freezing here. Nothing like what I hear it is in Minnesota but this definitely rivals my childhood in Canada. Plus, I didn't walk everywhere in Canada like I do here.

DC, you tricked me! It wasn't this cold when I lived out here two years ago. Why the bait and switch? As I walked to the library this morning (only five blocks away but it's not very big - I got very very spoiled living just one block from the amazing Salt Lake main branch!) any uncovered skin started screaming at me in pain because of the extreme temperatures. Anyone who wants a real extreme sport? Do it in 10 degree weather naked! Now that's extreme.

Luckily, my apartment has utilities included in rent so I can crank the heat and not shiver under blankets. I just hope it warms up before I-Day (t-minus 3 days) so I don't come away with a historic case of hypothermia standing outside waiting to catch a glimpse of our new president.

With Love,

Julia

0 comments: