Friday, January 30, 2009

DC Loves Me! She Really Loves Me!

Dear DC,

Ok, it's official and everyone can celebrate! I HAVE A JOB! And it's a good job too! No longer will I stay up to 2 and sleep in till 10. No longer will I spend an entire day without leaving the home. No longer will.....well you get the idea and I've embarrassed myself enough.

My new water cooler will be located at a lobbying firm. I will be an associate there for two different issue areas, health and tax. An associate is basically the bottom of the totem pole in terms of lobbying and account service but boy will I work my way up!

AND my first day in Monday!

So here's the really exciting part. Kyle and I had a little contest as to who would get a job first and the winner would get to buy some extreme luxury item of their choice. His, Xbox 360....mine, designer shoes! I told the partners this and they thought it was hoot (female-owned firm). I think it's none too convenient that I got a signing bonus for about the amount that a beautiful pair of designer shoes costs!

So watch out boys. Watch out Manolo Blahnik, Jimmy Choo, Stuart Weitzman, Cole Haan, here I come armed and ready to buy!

I'll post my plunder later and oh what a sight that will be.

And for those who think it's irresponsible of me to spend cold hard cash on something extravagant and silly like this when my husband still doesn't have a job and the cost of living here is out of this world....to those who say that....I say....talk to the shoe!

With Shoe Love,

Julia

1 comments:

Erynn Marie said...

Ooh, Kyle. Beaten by the wife. Nice work, Julia!