Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A New Year and New Adventures - Hippo Style

Dear DC,

When I was a little girl, I didn't play House or Mommy. I played Lawyer. I made my friends come into my "office" and tell me what was wrong so I could help them fix it legally. I helped many a 5 and 6 year old with various divorces, custody battles, harassment cases and even a pre-nup (what was I watching on TV?)

So while other little girls were planning their dream wedding (I did a bit of that too) I was plotting my high-powered legal career.

Fortunately now I have the chance to have it all...the dream wedding to Prince Charming (4.5 years and counting) AND the legal career of my childhood fantasies (again - what did my parents let me watch on TV?)

Come August I will be a full-time law student at George Washington University...pro bono (that means free of charge...I'm learning quickly.) Yup, I lucked out and got a full-tuition scholarship. I jumped at the chance to escape with a six-figure education for FREE!

Well if you don't count books, computers, lost wages, living expenses, etc. because I don't. They'll just magically take care of themselves.
With "I'm a Hippo" Love,

Julia

4 comments:

lenalou said...

Julia, that is fantastic! YOU are fantastic--that is very exciting and I hope you love it.

elliespen said...

Julia - just found your blog. Congrats! That is pretty amazing. Good luck with the next three years. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, even when you hate it during 1L year. We both graduate in April, and I can say that law school has been, on the whole, a good experience.

The Stewarts said...

Wow Julia that is truly awesome and truly a blessing to have your education paid for, Good luck you will do great as lawyer :D

Erica said...

Julia - Congratulations! I found your blog through facebook - it's been fun and interesting to find out what you've been up to the past 7 years! Good luck with Law School!

Erica (Nickel) Wall