Saturday, April 24, 2010

When You Get To Your Age....

Dear DC,

I went to the optometrist a few weeks ago, complaining about eye soreness and fatigue. I have had glasses for a long time, but have been told that I only needed to wear them when my eyes got tired, to reduce the strain. So I have been doing that and until recently my eyes have been fine.

I read the letters on the chart just fine (this guy was tricky and threw in some numbers...no fair!) but then the optometrist told me that I needed to be wearing glasses or contacts full-time or else my eyes would continue to feel this tired. Makes sense.

Here's where he lost me. He said to me, "When you get to your age, you have to expect your eyes to start to fail a little."

EXCUSE ME? You know I'm 24, right? He knew. Obviously he's not a smooth one with the ladies.

So with that, I'm off to go glasses shopping. Here's to something in bright colors or odd shapes to make me look more "hip" and less like a "hip-replacement candidate."

With Geriatric Love,

Julia

0 comments: