Saturday, August 8, 2009

Quirkie Quirks

Dear DC,

We're all a little strange, we all have our quirks. I'm a fairly boring person, but even I have some somewhat weird quirks to my name. Such as....

I refuse to drive. Even when I first got my driver's license, I much preferred to have someone else drive. The only time I enjoyed driving was when I bought my first and only car, a VW bug, and that lasted about 6 months. I guess that's why me and DC get along so well....public transportation!!

I wear socks to bed. In fact, you may never see me without socks. It wasn't until grade 12 in high school that I started wearing flip flops because I couldn't stand to not have socks on. And I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that my second toe is longer than my big toe....

While I love to read, I hate buying books. As long as a decent library is within 25 miles of me, buying books seems like a waste. Plus, see the next quirk.

I grew up in the same house 0-18 years old but since leaving I have moved every 6-8 months. I have learned to limit my belongings, including books, but not well enough. Moving cross-country really kicked my butt.

I ALWAYS forget the lyrics to songs and just make random lyrics up, but honestly think I am singing the right ones. Kyle is constantly correcting me, even on the songs that I am a fan of and he doesn't even like.

What are some of your quirks?

With strange-things love,

Julia

0 comments: