Monday, August 31, 2009

In Search of Vanity

Dear DC,

Do you ever get so bored you just google anything? Anything including yourself? Well they call it a vanity search and guilty as charged. I'm occasionally curious what pops up that actually applies to me. Fortunately there aren't that many "Julia Skelton"s (except for a super cool semi-pro surfer) but there are quite a few "Julia Jarrett"s to sort through. It's still fun to see what's still around from my past.

Here are a few:

BYU Students Place First in National Business Competition
I look so young and skinny (and have a small stain on my shirt...oops)!!

Joy Luck Club Page - English Class 2001-2002 - Julia Skelton
The title says it all. This was early enough in technology that an English teacher thought making a website took a lot of smarts, and I thought that this website design actually looked good.

BYU NewsNet - U of U firearm law ignites gun controversy

My first (and only) article published in the campus newspaper. It was the final project for my newswriting class first semester of Freshman year. I got bonus points for actually getting it published!

ksl.com - Successiteas' series finds success at YWCA
This is an interview I did for the YWCA young leader's board I was on last year. I learned that I need A LOT of work to be half-decent on camera.

So do it. I dare you. Google your own name and see what comes up then post in the comments section.

With "I'm so vain" Love,

Julia

0 comments: