Sunday, March 29, 2009

Goodbye My Couch

Dear DC,

Well, my days of nothingness are over. Finally after weeks and weeks and a few more weeks someone has looked at my resume long enough to realize that I am good enough to work for free. This past week I got an internship! This is a fantastic opportunity for me and I am way glad that something finally has happened on the career side of life. I will be working with the direct marketing team at a campaign committee, doing what exactly....I'm not sure. But at least its with something that is connected with basically everything that goes on everywhere in this town. So hopefully this internship will open a lot of doors for me in the next few months.

Although I have this great opportunity, there will be some things to get used to. For example, waking up in the morning. Wow, that is tough! I've traded my spot on the couch for a not all that comfortable office chair. Oh, and not taking a nap at 11am...or 3pm..wow I miss those. Oh, and now me and the xbox or just mere aquaintances rather than best buddies...

With working my way to the top love,

Kyle

0 comments: