Saturday, February 14, 2009

I will not get addicted to crack!

This week I became an official DC-ite and was given my company-issued BlackBerry. Wahoo! Hooray!

However, I pledge to everyone (ok, the one person) who reads this blog that I will not get addicted to the CrackBerry. I will not. I'm just not that type of person.

Can you picture me typing with my thumbs on that tiny keyboard? Typing accurately on that thing is a nightmare and I'm much too much of a perfectionist and have too little patience for it!

Ok, so yes it is cool that I can check my work and personal email wherever I am. However, I don't know if you know this - but I'm just not cool or important enough to get an email that is so urgent it can't wait until I get home or until I get to work. If there is something, they can call my cell phone. I just don't see the need for yet another device that I have to keep track of.

Don't get me wrong. I am not going to toss it back to the office manager like a hot potato. I'll keep it. It's a rite of passage. I'm just not going to use it....much....outside of work hours....but maybe a little on weekends.....and on the bus ride home.....

I WILL NOT GET ADDICTED!

With BB love,

Julia

1 comments:

lenalou said...

I loooove my crackberry. You wait, it'll creep up on you. Have you added the FB application?