Friday, February 6, 2009

Eat Me

Dear DC,

Let me share with you something that has been in my head since half of the city streets were lined with port-a-potties. One company in particular had a great tag line. "#1 in the #2 business". Classic.

So, I have discovered something incredible today. Or, at least I have rediscovered something today. Peanut butter and celery. Who Knew?! This stuff is amazing! There I was, being the unrecognized, undiscovered profession chef that I am, cutting up celery for my world famous chicken chowder. Feeling very snackish and knowing that Julia wasn't yet to be due home. I thought to myself, "self, what do you have to snack on." Myself came back with the idea of celery and the fresh jar of peanut butter. "But no," I thought to myself. "I hate that stuff. That's what mom would put in my lunch bag back in elementary school when there wasn't any real snacks in the house." But, I got up the courage, and put a large smear of peanut butter on my celery, hoping that with enough peanut butter the true taste of celery would be hidden from my nervous taste buds.

Oh...my...gosh. This...is...fantastic! Where have you been all my life? I chomped that first piece down, and before I had the last bite swallowed, I was already cutting off the next piece and lathering it up with creamy peanut butter. The taste was insatiable. Time and space were lost to me. As I came out of my dazed and confused state, I realized that I had eaten 3 full stocks of celery, and half the jar of peanut butter, and had a wonderful peanut butter mustache.

I dont know what was awakened in me, or what about that taste that would have made me stick out my tongue as a child. But I am hooked now.

Thanks DC.
With creamy crunchy love

Kyle

0 comments: