Thursday, June 4, 2009

Birthday Adventures!

Dear DC,

My first birthday in the district came off as a big success! I know it was a big day for all of you so now that the excitement is over you can resume breathing normally.

Of course, all the wonderful plans and gifts that my amazing husband gave me were all upstaged by a birthday surprise from mother nature, and I'm not talking about her monthly gift.

We came home from dinner/shopping to our little basement apartment FLOODED!

Happy Birthday! You get to stay up late mopping up disgusting brown water (not sewage - thank goodness) saturating all your towels then throwing them in the dryer only to have to use them to mop up the rest of the water, over and over again. But wait, there's more! You also get the opportunity to move all items that were touching the ground into the "unaffected" part of your small apartment and asses the water damage (relatively limited). But wait, there's more!! Then you get to watch the weather forecast for MORE RAIN and look forward to doing this all over again....or rather watch your husband do it all over again.

Thanks mother nature....you're the best!

With "I like my water in faucets" love,

Julia

P.S. The rest of the day was really lovely and I am enjoying the beautiful flowers my husband sent me at work.

P.P.S. I found out that my husband really does listen to me when I am talking as evidenced by his thoughtful gifts....now he has no excuse for the future. HAH!

0 comments: