Sunday, June 21, 2009

Update: $25 Challenge

Dear DC,

So that $25 Challenge was a huge success...for about four days.

Now we just don't have AS much for savings as we would have liked. HOWEVER I'm absolutely committed to not spending away my paycheck on food, even if it means forgoing delicious sushi on a warm Saturday afternoon. Buh-bye Momoyama. That's a sacrifice!

What was the straw the broke the camel's restricted budget back? Only the most amazing Irish step dance troupe and their famous farewell tour! I grew up watching Riverdance on VHS and always craved to see it in person. When I was 16 I saw the Lord of the Dance show (Satan's impersonation of the truth) so I've always wanted to see the real thing. I thought my chance was gone forever when they came to Salt Lake on their farewell tour and I missed it! So when I saw them playing near DC on Friday I jumped at the chance. And by jumped, I mean spent a lot of money to buy tickets and danced an Irish jig.

Woooo hoooo!

With "I only splurge on AMAZING dance performances" Love,

Julia

2 comments:

nichole said...

I hope you do a post on how Riverdance was! It looks like with a new bonus and raise, hopefully you'll have some money for food again, and more amazing performances.

nichole said...

Oh, and I want to have Kyle post again. He is a hilarious writer!