Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Broadway Here I Come!

Dear DC,

Watching TV last night, I was inspired to tackle my next project. Fox had a show on called Glee about a high school glee club (show choir). It was so infective I couldn't stop singing and dancing all night. I took a shower just to have an excuse (like I need one) to sing rock songs in a Broadway style at the top of my lungs. It was so fun I think I'll do it again today....

In spite of being disappointed that I will have to wait until fall to see the next episode of my soon to be favorite teen show, I caught the musical bug, fortunately not of the swine flu variety.

I became inspired to write a musical myself....U2: The Musical. Ok, so I'm still working out the title. And if any of you are even considering stealing this idea, I am 100% sure that it's not an original idea, it is based on the Mamma Mia! formula, and some guy already has u2musical.com secured. Bummer.

None of this will stop me from achieving Broadway producer/writer/star greatness. Rather, co-writer...I think Kyle will get in on this too as he is the resident U2 expert.

I have several story lines swirling in my head accompanied by possible songs such as the love torn duet "One", the stop-everything-and-dance-in-the-streets anthem "Get on Your Boots", and the everything-is-resolved number "Beautiful Day." Just imagine what wonderful Broadway productions these songs will make when matched with the essential overacting and cheesy choreography.

All I need now sign off from Bono and The Edge. Maybe I can get that through Oprah....or Obama!

With "I have copyright issues" Love,

Julia

1 comments:

nichole said...

Hey, I think that is a fantabulous idea! You seriously should make a go of it!!!!! I can just imagine you in the shower rockin' it up.