Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Woman Needs a Man, Like a Fish Needs a Bycicle

Dear DC,

So, it was nice to have spring time….you know for that whole week and a half that it was around. Thanks for ditching out on us spring and allowing summer to just jump right on in at full force. What’s with the 90 degree days all of a sudden? Shouldn’t we at least have some time to enjoy some temperatures in the 70s?

Well with the very nice, but very hot weather it does make me feel quite good. And that’s a big thing for me to say considering I hate any temperature over 60 degrees. But there is something great about being able to drive my insanely dirty car down the street with the windows down, blasting music and bobbing my head to the beat. With the great weather, and this great place to live I have also discovered a new and fantastic summer time activity-bike riding!

This past Saturday we went to this great spot in Georgetown by the river and rented bikes. We took this paved trail along the river and through the woods, not to grandma’s house though. The scenery was beautiful, the wind was cool, and if you kept your mouth open you got your protein intake for the day. It was so much fun, and a great 10 mile workout - not bad for someone who hasn’t been on a bike in over 5 years. Now I am all pumped up to buy a bike and become an avid bike rider. We’ll see how that goes along with my other aspirations I’ve had over the years such as: pro tennis player, world champion of Halo, and avid bottle cap collector.

Ok, I may not have mastered those other things, but bike riding was too fun to give up on too easily.

With Pedal Pumping Love,

Kyle

2 comments:

Erynn Marie said...

Tryin' to throw your arms around the world? (By the way, I bike everywhere when the weather's nice--baby in tow and dog on the side. I definitely recommend investing in a bike!)

Kyle said...

Yes! my blog titles are only cool when someone else actually knows where they come from!