Sunday, April 19, 2009

Just Dance!

Dear DC,

Sometimes the weather is so beautiful outside and I have the music cranked up on my iPod that I seriously have to restrain myself from dancing down the streets on my way to the bus stop in the morning. The thing that seems to bring me back is the thought of looking crazier than the homeless guy with the shopping cart full of plastic bags who likes to sleep in a doorway by the bus stop. I might be crazier than him, but I certainly don't want to appear that way.

I'm not much of a dancer (despite years of lessons and wishful thinking) but once that music gets pumping and the sun comes out I am a championship dancer choreographing stage shows in my head...costumes and all. Outkast or Black Eyed Peas comes on and suddenly I become a hip hop extraordinaire, popping and sashaying all over the sidewalk...in my head. Malaguena comes on and amazingly I transform into a passion-filled latin dancer clapping castenettes as my hips shake to the beat...in my daydreams. U2 comes on and....well I skip U2 because as awesome as they are, can you really do anything but jump up and down and marvel?

Point is, even though I don't dance anymore and I'm pretty crummy at it anyways, a girl can daydream, right? I love having some time to just lose myself in the music and let my mind wander through the rhythms and melodies. It only gets worse in the summer when I have "So You Think You Can Dance" to inspire the dancer/choreographer/costume designer who lives only in my mind.

Maybe someday the expert that I am in my dreams will actually translate through my body...I just have to give it a shot, right?

With Dance-dreaming Love,

Julia

1 comments:

Erynn Marie said...

I like to try to guess who has written each posting before I get to the signature bottom. Although I guessed this one must be Julia pretty early on, it was funny, imagining Kyle having these day-dreams.