Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Disappointed with Good News

Dear DC,

Have you ever felt like getting good news is a disappointment? For example, when you pay a bunch of money to have a mechanic look over your car only to have them tell you that nothing is wrong with it. Instead of thinking, "That's great news. I am happy," I end up thinking, "Well what did I go and spend my time and money for, only to find out nothing is wrong? What a waste!"

Backwards, yes. But it happens all the time even with doctor's appointments (spend over $500 out of pocket only to have a diagnosis of "take an Advil when it hurts and you should be fine"). Frustrating!

Today I got some good news and had the same reaction. Kyle and I did a "punch list" for our condo of things to have the seller fix. I came armed with an extensive checklist, tape measure, level and pen and paper ready to submit a long laundry list of items. We scoured every nook and even the cranny's in the condo looking for every little flaw we could find.

We found a grand total of three! That should be good, right? It must mean the condo is in good shape. Well instead of feeling that way, I feel a little disappointed, like I didn't do a good enough job of find flaws. If had been truly thorough, shouldn't there be a few more the just three?

Well now I've convinced myself to hire a professional to track down all the imperfections. What a happy thought!

So for now, our condo looks like it's in good shape...I'm just not happy about it! ; )

With "There's a Small Nick in My Baseboard" Love,

Julia

3 comments:

nichole said...

Sounds like good news to me!

Anonymous said...

How freaking exciting you guys! Now when I come visit you after the mish, I won't have to sleep on your couch... right? haha. Are you to post any pictures of the place? Shoot. This is so awesome!

Anonymous said...

Post some pictures!:) Warren